[Noisebridge-discuss] Python class tonight at 6:30 at 83C

jim jim at well.com
Mon Jan 5 17:02:42 UTC 2009

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>
To: sf-lug at linuxmafia.com
Subject: [sf-lug] [PYCLASS] Jan 5 6:30 PM: Chapters 9 and 10
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 19:06:01 -0800 (PST)

WHERE: Noisebridge (83C Weise St, near 16th & Mission BART)
<http://noisebridge.net>
WHEN:  Mon Jan 5 6:30 PM
WHAT:  Community Python learning session: Chapter 9-10

TEXTBOOK INFO: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.html
TEXTBOOK CHAP: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/book010.html
(and the next one)

This week, we look at playing games with the English language using Python
based on word list files.  Chapter 10 returns to the less exciting topic
of lists, but this is our first foray into "mutable data", data that you
can modify. A chapter 10 exercise one of the fundamental computer science
algorithms, binary search.

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

A bunch of SF-LUG people have been learning an introduction to
programming, and I've been facilitating.  My expectation is to have a fun
conversation with people who have mostly read the chapter, and some of
whom (hopefully all!) have done the chapter's exercises.

WHAT'S THE LOCATION?

Noisebridge is a "hacker space" where people gather to discuss technology
and art or build things.  It's a member-supported non-profit, and I think
you'll think it's pretty cool.  Read https://www.noisebridge.net/.

KEEP TALKING

I invite you to email me your answers to the exercises, or to discuss on
the list.

See some of you there!

-- Asheesh.