[Noisebridge-discuss] Python class: Stragglers plan

Asheesh Laroia noisebridge at asheesh.org
Tue Jan 6 18:27:51 UTC 2009

A couple of people have approached me about joining my Python class late.

JOIN ME! (even if late)

Here's I think the best way to minimize disruption and maximize
usefulness.

For next week, read chapter 11 (the chapter that we'll be discussing in
class) plus as much of the book as you can from chapter one onwards. Focus
on the exercises toward the start of the book, since those will be
foundational for you, but try to understand the discussion in chapter 11.
The class is taught TA-style, where the point of coming to class is to
answer any questions about the textbook or the homework. I'll try to hint
at new topics during class that relate tangentially to the textbook
material for that week. Do also know that I'm available by email, and the
best way to learn will be to submit your exercise solutions to me by email
before class.

http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/ is the book in HTML;
http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.html has some more
info on it.

I'll repeat this in the PYCLASS announce email I send out a little before
Monday, but my announcements are usually pretty last-minute, and any
possible stragglers should get this info as soon as possible. So here you
go!

-- Asheesh.

--
Q:	What is the difference between a duck?
A:	One leg is both the same.