[Noisebridge-discuss] [JOB]

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 24 20:07:06 UTC 2009

Claudia, A friend of a friend is looking for someone to help out with a project.  It looks way simple electronics-wise, but maybe needs some mechanical creativity.  If interested, email me off-list and I'll connect you to Claudia.

See her email, below (she earlier asked me if I knew anyone who could help her with something "flashlight-like", and I asked her to explain a little better).

Mitch.

Hey Mitch:

Thanks so much! I will do my best to describe it without divulging anything secret.

The project would be reengineering a current design. It has a lever that connects the little thingies (clearly I am not an engineer!) that make the bulbs light up, and we need to update the current prototype to be lighter, smaller and conform to a particular shape.

The people I am working with could bring the engineer up to speed on everything and provide the existing sample; they will also handle making all prototypes and manufacturing the product. It’s not a flashlight per se, but it incorporates flashlight-style technology.

So it could be a few hours or it could be more; I wouldn’t know how to estimate that.

I hope that helps; if you need more info, let me know. Thanks again for your help!

Best,
Claudia