[Noisebridge-discuss] computer recycling happy fun time

Jeremy K trochee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 22:49:46 UTC 2009

I have two older Dell PC computers in my closet, and a collection of
other smaller electronics, including a functional PocketPC I got from
the dorkbot swapmeet in Seattle [battery issues, I think, but still
works!].  I'm wiping the Dells by installing an old version of Ubuntu
over them.

doing some googling suggests that I could actually take these to the
goodwill for free [0,1] or a variety of other locations for small fees
[2], but I have two thoughts:

(a): anybody want this stuff? should I bring it to noisebridge instead?
(b): anybody want to make a run to recycling together?  I don't own a
car, and if you're headed to electronics recycling I will (b.1) help
schlep the electronics and (b.2) buy you a beer [after the driving]
for the benefit of getting this heavy-metal waste out of my closet.

--Jeremy, not an official noisebridger

[0] http://www.recycleworks.org/ewaste/index.html
[1] http://www.sfgoodwill.org/ElecRecycle2.aspx
[2] http://www.google.com/search?q=electronics+recycle+san+francisco