[Noisebridge-discuss] Mattel Mindflex

Jean Rintoul jean.rintoul at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:28:12 UTC 2009

Yeah I've tried it.
It is an incarnation of Neurosky's contribution to the BCI market. Emotiv
and Neurosky were both at last years GDC and we had tried each other's
products. All processing is done in hardware, and it appears to only be an
alpha wave detector. There is no training machine-learning component. You
can select what you want your meditative state to trigger, be it killing
cute animals, or setting things on fire(examples they had).
http://www.neurosky.com/products/mindflex/

Very simple. Hence their ability to bring it to market so quickly.

Also tried this one:
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/ocz_peripherals/nia-neural_impulse_actuator

It's a bit better, but very much affected by mains noise. Still, limited in
what it can pick up and not many electrodes(this one is trainable). It also
looks a little like some kind of 80's head band... not that there is
anything wrong with that...

http://vadim.oversigma.com/Emotiv/Emoraptor.mpg

Jean