[Noisebridge-discuss] Forth programming?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Mon Jan 12 20:36:13 UTC 2009

Mitch Altman wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:08:00 -0700> From: jacob at appelbaum.net>
>> To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> Subject:
>> [Noisebridge-discuss] Forth programming?> > Hi,> > Is anyone else
>> on the list interested in learning Forth?> > I've started reading
>> this website:> http://home.iae.nl/users/mhx/sf.html> > It seems
>> like fun and it's really simple!> > Perhaps someone on the list can
>> share their knowledge on the subject?> > Best,> Jake
>
> I actually used to teach Forth!  That was a bizillion years ago.  The
> Forth I used was one that someone wrote for the 6502 -- back in 1980.
> I could probably dig up my notes and re-learn it enough to make it
> interesting enough to teach.
>
> Mitch.

Awesome! It seems like it should be pretty easy to make a FORTH machine
on a micro-controller. Perhaps some kind of embedded FORTH console for a
3d printer or something? I'm not really sure if that's something that
would be useful but it seems like a good application. It would make
interfacing with a device pretty simple but perhaps too simple...

Do you have any suggested reading material or any suggested programs
that are good for learning?

Lets hack on FORTH when we're both at 83c!

Best,
Jake