[Noisebridge-discuss] Fleas @83c?

Quinn Norton quinn at quinnnorton.com
Fri Jan 16 08:43:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:

> Christie Dudley wrote:
> > Please no!  I am very, very very allergic.
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 12:24 AM, ian <ian at sonic.net> wrote:
> >
> >> The way I always get rid of fleas in the house by putting some
> >> Advantage on the cat.
> >>
> >> This strategy is very effective, however it requires a cat as a
> >> distribution mechanism.  Perhaps someone could loan one for a couple
> >> days.
>
> Please for the love of no god - do not put a cat in the space. Lets at
> least first confirm that it's not just an isolated case?

i believe that would be a joke. if not, it should be, because loaner cats
is a good punch line.

also, putting advantage on a cat just gets the fleas off the cat. the rest
go away for the want of a cat- fleas don't do well actually trying to live
on just hairless monkeys that swap out their skins and put water on their
bodies all the time.

there's really not much substrate or feeding material for fleas at 83c, i
doubt there is an infestation.  but i'll check carpets and couches
upstairs next time i stop by.

Freelance Journalist & Photographer

  quinnnorton.com || +1 408 813 8064 || aim, skype, msn: ambiguousquinn

    "WYSIAG: What You See Is A Gorilla."
                  -seen on a whiteboard at Netscape