[Noisebridge-discuss] SHDH30

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Sat Jan 17 02:50:44 UTC 2009

This is from the SHDH wiki :

The massive 30th DevHouse happening Jan 31st in Menlo Park!

We're celebrating our big 30th with another blowout event once again
at the Sun Executive Briefing Center in Menlo Park. Mark your
calendars and tell your friends, it's going down on the 31st of
January from 2pm to 11pm.
This first SuperHappyDevHouse of 2009 is going to be massive. What can
you look forward to?
* Tons of other creative and curious people like you
* Sun's fun and dynamic space full places to talk and hack
* A real, functional Black Box datacenter in a shipping container!
* Lightning Talks and the Human Search Engine
* A dance room with killer hacker tunes
* Board game, K'nex and TEXTILES room with a full sized loom!
* Hardware room full of robots and hardware hacking
* History of SuperHappyDevHouse retrospective
* Snacks, drinks, and dinner (all the more reason to RSVP)
What can you bring?
* You, your laptop and your ideas
* Food and drinks you want to share with your fellow geeks
* Toys and gadgets, books and manuals
* Your friends! Your kids! Anybody you want to inspire with our culture!
Here's the basic schedule:
2pm-6pm = Initial hacking + partying
6pm-7pm = Retrospective, Lightning Talks and Human Search Engine
7pm-11pm = Dinner and final hacking + partying
Want to give a 5 minute Lightning Talk? Contact joel at gmail d0t com
Post your name and plans for others to see on the wiki:
http://superhappydevhouse.org/SuperHappyDevHouse30
RSVP @ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=40204287466
RSVP @ Upcoming: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1446782/
We look forward to hacking with you!
DevHouse Crew

I've been to about 12 of these and have been to the last one that was
at the EBC at Sun.. It was awesome.. I got a set of SunSPOTS free there
because I was in the right place at the right time.. (Read : hanging
out in the hardware/robot hacking room ALL day :))

If you've never been, this should be your first time..

-Mark