[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Secretary of the Arts

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 19:39:32 UTC 2009

As much as online petitions make people feel good, they don't have the
same impact as sending an actual postcard to the white house itself.
Invest in a postcard and stamp, and make your voice count:

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Also, there is a white house comment line, which is monitored and also
counted, if you feel like _literally_ voicing your opinion:

202-456-6213

Also, don't forget to contact your state senators.   If you want
change on this level, like the creation of a new post at the White
House, the pressure has to come from a number of directions.

Also, it's important to note that President Obama has currently frozen
hiring and salaries for the White House staff.  The creation of a new
position (Secretary of Art) involves adding more expense to the staff
budget.   This means you have to give a compelling reason for the
administration to create a new position, and add the expense to the
budget.

Constitutionally yours,
-Martin