[Noisebridge-discuss] New SSL key for noisebridge

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Jan 28 23:07:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 03:53:02PM -0700, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> Today I received an email from RapidSSL/GeoTrust that we were still
> using a weak Debian key. They threatened to revoke our key if we didn't
> re issue it.
[snip long tale of woe]

Yeah, super awesome customer service there, RapidSSL. </sarcasm>  Thanks
for going through this, Jake.

> I think that if we're going to keep playing "use-certs-signed-by-a-ca"
> we should use CA Cert:
> http://www.cacert.org/

I support us going with CA Cert, especially if we can document
1. *why* the cartel system is a problem
2. *how* users can gain trust in CA Cert
3. *how* users can enable CA Cert in non-enabled browsers.

-andy