[Noisebridge-discuss] New SSL key for noisebridge

Chris Palmer chris at noncombatant.org
Thu Jan 29 00:11:26 UTC 2009

Jacob Appelbaum writes:

> http://www.cacert.org/

(Most certainly not speaking for my employer here!)

>From where I'm sitting, CA Cert looks like "all the trustworthiness of
regular CAs combined with the accountability open source is known for!"

Especially for small organizations, I think SSH-style continuity of identity
is more meaningful and more secure. Unfortunately, Firefox made it even
harder to use this model in FF 3, but it's still possible. It's no more or
less convenient than CA Cert, since CA Cert is not in FF's trusted root of
CA certs.

--
http://www.noncombatant.org/
http://hemiolesque.blogspot.com/