[Noisebridge-discuss] Version control

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Sat Jan 31 13:43:28 UTC 2009

Wow, this is total scary + awesome.  +1

It would be great to get a quick run down comparing the various
popular flavors of version control systems.  May I suggest a basic
primer in the beginning, noting that not all of us are 2 dot 0hhh
agile blah blah programmers by day.

My music files don't change enough to warrant checking in - do you
remix most of your audio files often?  I do find such systems very
popular in network and site operations work.  For example, I tend to
setup simple 'poke SNMP, dump to TFTP, push into SVN' systems that
auto-fro-magically keep track of router configurations, load balancers
and other bits that get twiddled.

--Matt