[Noisebridge-discuss] Artillery

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Sun Jul 5 23:39:10 UTC 2009

I am bringing some light artillery and two rifles to 83c today.  They
are reserved in case of a zombie infestation and/or civil unrest due
to a burrito shortage.  The artillery units are only compatible with
certain control boards for automation, please do not attempt to modify
them without consulting me or the manufacturer first.

Obviously, you should not use them within the city limits except in
the circumstances mentioned above and you certainly shouldn't screw
around with the fire control system.  In fact, don't touch them at
all.

Instructions for use:

EBF-25 "Vulcan"

1) Set safety switch on handle to "off."
2) Unfold tripod and place weapon on a sturdy surface.
3) Load battery sled (if necessary.)
4) Open receiver cover.
5) Remove any existing ammunition belt.
6) Load ammunition into side hopper.
7) Feed leader round into receiver load mechanism.
8) Close side hopper cover.
9) Close receiver cover.
10) Place shoulder strap around your shoulder.
11) Set safety switch on handle to "fire."

The weapon is now ready for use.

In case of a jam:

1) Slap weapon to clear jam.
2) If weapon is still jammed, tug on ammunition belt to clear jam.
3) If weapon is still jammed, point weapon in a safe direction.  Do
not remove hearing or eye protection.
4) Open receiver cover.
5) Fold ammunition belt over side hopper.
6) Clear any obstructions in the receiver load mechanism.
7) Depress cover latch sensor.
8) Fire weapon to cycle the receiver load mechanism.

The weapon is now ready to be loaded.

CS-6 "Longshot"

1) Discharge weapon (if necessary.)
2) Press clip release forward.