[Noisebridge-discuss] Need help with an idea for a wall display

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Sat Jul 11 04:08:31 UTC 2009

Seeing as how we have offers to take Deep Crack and the OSDN machines,
I had a thought: what if we had a hollywood walk of fame type display
on the wall with nice photos of famous machines?  I have two general
ideas:

A) Just photos, mounted behind glass in a durable wood frame and
etched plaques with the names of the machines and their poweron and
shutdown dates.

B) A display which would allow the observer to push a button and
briefly power the machine up and run a transaction (in the case of
Deep Crack, benchmark the key cracking for a minute or so.)

Does anyone have any experience anything like this?  I could probably
do plan B by myself, but I could use some help designing it so it
looks nice.

If someone has a contact at the computer history museum, I'd like to
talk to them because there's some overlap with their mission.