[Noisebridge-discuss] help at OSCON, and free entry

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 20 22:20:19 UTC 2009

Hey Everyone,

I'm setting up a hardware hacking area at OSCON, which starts today, in San Jose.  I'll be teaching people to solder and make cool things.

Sorry about the short notice, but the O'Reilly folks asked me if I could bring along someone to help out, and I could really use the help of someone at the hardware hacking area.  You don't need to have much experience -- all you need is experience soldering one project, enthusiasm, and the desire to help people to solder and make cool things.

OSCON is about Open Source content.  Together with MAKE Magazine, we're helping to include open source hardware.

If you can help out Wednesday and Thursday for a few hours each day, you get free admission for the whole conference (starting today), and you can stay at the Hilton in San Jose on Wednesday night if you like.  And if you can also help set up tomorrow, you can stay at the hotel Tuesday night as well.

Please respond to me off-list.

Thanks,

Mitch.