[Noisebridge-discuss] Party anyone?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 23:00:36 UTC 2009

OK, there's a lot of talk about concern over the cost of build-out for
a move to a new space.  Before Toorcamp, I raised the idea of holding
a fundraiser party but was told it'd be a good idea to wait until
afterwards where people weren't quite so wrapped up in that.

Well, Toorcamp is over.  People are even more worried about money.  We
should do something about it.

I had suggested Cellspace, as they take care of all the legal
mumbo-jumbo ('place of entertainment') and will allow us to make money
at the door and on the bar for a flat rate of $1000 on a Friday or
$1500 on a Saturday.  (Although I think we'd have to pay for security
people if we run a bar.)  It'll hold 299 people in 10,000 sq. ft. and
run until 2AM.  I know other folks have talked about getting other
places for less.  Of course, we'd need to look at where we could make
money there, since the real money is at the bar.

So...
- Would someone want to check out other places?
- What would we want to do for entertainment DJ?  Band?  Could we talk
San out of retirement?  We have other DJs in our midst too, right?
- Would people want to work on this (with me, or take the lead?)

It's a lot of fun.  It solves problems and it's something everyone can work on.

Christie

---
 Disrupting paradigms since 1967