[Noisebridge-discuss] Looking for full-time and/or contract systems administration work, available immediately

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Wed Jul 22 19:01:12 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I just returned from a few weeks in Eastern Europe and am now seeking
gainful employment doing systems administration for a local start-up
or silicon-valley based company, preferably somewhere on the San
Francisco Peninsula. For the last two+ years, I've been working as the
systems administrator of Trulia.com, where I aided in growing a
relatively simple software and hardware infrastructure in a managed
hosting environment to a ten-rack, ~100 machine-based self-managed
installation of $500,000 worth of new AMD x86_64 HP ProLiant servers,
a 3Par-based Fibre Channel and iSCSI SAN, and an increasingly-
virtualization-based environment, based atop XenServer Enterprise. All
of Trulia's production servers run RedHat Linux (really CentOS 5.2,
with a 5.3 migration planned)

If you work for an organization either here in the city or anywhere in
the bay area, and are currently in need of a talented, extremely
dedicated, and fun systems administrator,  I would love to hear about
anything you may know of. Of course I'd be happy to provide references
to anyone who would be interested. Anything from a small-stage start-
up to a large organization is okay, although I would prefer to find
something at a smaller start-up. I was employee #31 at Trulia, and
loved every minute there, but it is time to find a more challenging
environment to call home.

Since many of you don't know me terribly well, since I've historically
been one of the extremely-busy NoiseBridge former-member, currently
non-member lurkers, I'd be happy to have a personal conversation with
any of you, either on-line or in-person if you just want to know a bit
more about me. Rest assured that I come with very good references, and
am eager to contribute to building or augmenting the infrastructure of
a fast-growing organization.

Feel free to contact me off-list and ask me anything you feel is
pertinent, or if you'd prefer to have a brief phone or in-person
conversation, write back and I'd be happy to leave you my number and/
or call you directly.

I figured using NB-discuss to network a bit wouldn't be inappropriate,
but if you feel it is, I would kindly ask you to tell me privately,
lest we begin Ye Olde Flamewar #42

Cheers,
Alex Perez