[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Noisebridge sponsorship? LoveTech - Moldover CD Release Party

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 27 06:32:24 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

What do folks think of NB being a sponsor for the upcoming LoveTech party?  Moldover and Craig Dorety (both musician/performers who have hung out at NB) put on this monthly party of live dance music, VJ-ing, and other art )(and workshops).  He called me the other day asking if I thought NB might be into being a sponsor for the LoveTech coming up on 15-August at a new location for them.  The reason they want a sponsor is for one main reason:  it makes getting a temporary liquor license easy and cheap (please see Moldover's email, below).

In return we get cool-factor, and maybe some access to DJs, live-performers, VJs, and other artists that may want to help us out in the future.  If people think this is a cool idea, and have other ideas of what we want in return, please suggest.

I told Moldover I'd post to the list to see what people think, and I'll report back to him.

Please send comments.

Thanks,

Mitch.

--------------------

Hey Mitch,

Good talking with you today.  The details are still coming together for this event, but essentially it's the LoveTech party at Pyramind's big event space featuring the release of Moldover's first all-original album.  (The album comes as a CD mounted on a custom printed PCB/analog synthesizer!)

There will be an educational workshop by SFLogicNinja, some great performers and a bunch of interactive/multimedia art too.  I would love to get NoiseBridge to participate as a sponsor.  Besides the cool-factor of NoiseBridge, working with an NPO would make it really easy for us to get a $25 liquor license and have a fully-legit event.  Pyramind has done similar events and is obtaining an event permit and liability insurance.  It should be a great party!

The basic details are below.  Please let me know if I should post to the NoiseBridge discussion or event lists, or if it's better for you to pass along the info.  I will be at the 8pm meeting on Tuesday for sure.  I'll put you in touch with my girlfriend Jeny regarding real estate as soon as I can!

Best,

LoveTech & Pyramind present:

Moldover's CD Release Party

Sat, August 15th