[Noisebridge-discuss] Vacuum Surge

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Thu Jul 2 20:41:52 UTC 2009

No, it's not at all that simple. Most cheap power strips are just
that...copper distribution rails and nothing more than a switch, and
perhaps a breaker. There must be a surge suppression element to the
power strip for it to have any hope of absorbing transient voltage
dips. These generally cost at least $10-15/each, and a really good one
from APC with insurance coverage and a registration card can run
$25-40 or even more.