[Noisebridge-discuss] Space viewing report: 2169 Mission

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sat Jul 11 02:53:59 UTC 2009

One idea I had, not sure if it's been brought up before or not:

Would it be a good idea for NB to sub-lease or to have live-in
tenant(s) / caretaker(s)?

If it's a sufficiently large space, it might be useful to trade a
small amount of private space (e.g. a bedroom) for security and
upkeep, and maybe some rent. Would be particularly suited for hackers
who are between and/or without housing, which is a public service
bonus.

OTOH I can also see various potential issues from this, and such
people would have a significant effect on the feel of the space, for
good or ill. Some folk may object to this arrangement making cleaning
up implicitly a paid activity (rather than the current 'everyone helps
out'); not sure how to keep the current system (which IMO is good for
social reasons as well as pure pragmatics) if we were to do this.

Anywho, something to consider.

- Sai