[Noisebridge-discuss] Space viewing report: 2169 Mission

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Sat Jul 11 21:32:53 UTC 2009

On Jul 11, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Sai Emrys wrote:

> One other question: what about budget?

  Mitch is the treasurer and seemed to think we could do it. I trust
his judgement here.

> OTOH, I don't know what the $12k donation in Oct 08 was, whether
> that's repeatable, or whether we have angels who'd be willing to
> sponsor the space upgrade. And it's very hard to predict whether
> expanding our space would lead to expanding membership as well. At
> current rates, the rent increase alone would require ~18 new members
> to be paid off.

  The donation was a bunch of us giving money as a (probably) one time
to deal in order to secure the current space. Before that, we'd been
meeting in coffee shops, etc. I'm not sure who has pledged money this
time around (if anyone) but I think there have been some pledges. I
expect that the board has the details.

Al