[Noisebridge-discuss] Space viewing report: 2169 Mission

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 01:31:43 UTC 2009

Wow, it looks like everyone's on board with this.  As I'm anxious to move
and don't have a lot of time to put into this, I really appreciate everyone
taking the time to carefully consider it.  I'm also really eager to get
moving with it.  I think we learned our lesson with the "shiny happy gulag"
space that got pulled out from under us.  I also think dilly-dallying and
pondering what other people's objections *might* be will only deadlock us
and possibly cause us to miss this opportunity as well.  I also think that
moving will help alleviate a lot of tensions that have arisen of late, as we
will be able to enjoy each other's company in a space that doesn't fit like
an outgrown shoe.

And as an aside, I'm really not keen on endangering our 501(c)3 status by
opening up the space for overnight stuffs.  I have no concern that if we
focus on what the space is about, we can fill it up quite nicely with stuff
regular members would use on a ongoing basis, thus fostering a stronger
support from our membership.

Christie

---
Disrupting paradigms since 1967