[Noisebridge-discuss] DL380s

jim jim at well.com
Sun Jul 12 16:42:42 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 19:59 -0700, Dr. Jesus wrote:

> ...without some evidence to demonstrate that
> the gift was given and accepted, the accepting party can't exercise
> that power to claim rightful ownership of gifted property if the
> property in question is taken back.  I don't know whether that
> evidence exists in the case of the DL380s.

   possession is <some_number> percent.... i.e. moving
them to some location other than where they are would,
in court, be seen as strong de facto evidence of
transfer and acceptance, yes?

   _four_ _racks_ of machines? (at 20 Amps per rack,
that's 80 Amps; most sub-panels max out at 60 or
100 Amps.) (at 20 boxes per rack, that's 80 boxes
worth of CPU time, a _lot_ of mips, also potentially
a lot of system administration: are all machines
loaded with the same or similar OS? might be a good
beowulf cluster, but _four_ _racks_: sheesh!)