[Noisebridge-discuss] ASL group?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sun Jul 12 22:29:26 UTC 2009

OK, it looks like there's a fair amount of interest to proceed.

For ease of planning, everyone interested, please go answer when'd be
good for you here:

http://whenisgood.net/noisebridge/asl/generic

Please answer as if it's a generic week - i.e. ignore the dates, just
use days-of-week.

*Do* take into account any conflicts from the existing NB schedule.

Do *not* take into account concerns about space availability. In the
short term, we can just go out somewhere (e.g. a cafe?) to do this if
the upstairs couches are unavailable or 83c is otherwise too crowded;
hopefully in the moderate term, this will not be an issue any more.
(I'd also be willing to do this in Berkeley somewhere (cafe, park,
maybe my apt), but dunno how convenient is for the rest of you.)

It'd be helpful to me if you include a note about your current skill
level and any materials you already have (or better yet, have a
surplus of to share). I dunno whether I could make it every time, so
someone else of similar (or higher) skill level as me would be very
helpful for making this sustainable.

Here's the admin link so you can see what I see:

http://whenisgood.net/noisebridge/asl/generic/results/ELCmfn

Please don't break stuff. (E.g. shift-click deletes responses IIRC.)

I'd expect we start in a couple weeks, once we have enough responses
re scheduling @ the link above and give people time to acquire
necessary materials (and, if we go for the new space, for that to
settle down).

FYI, SF Main Library has an excellent dedicated room for ASL and Deaf
related materials on the main floor. A lot of it is unfortunately
reference-only, but plenty isn't. They also have a large collection of
ASL videos of various kinds that's worth perusal if your skill level
is above intermediate.

Thanks,
Sai