[Noisebridge-discuss] Space viewing report: 2169 Mission

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Jul 13 03:55:58 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 08:33:11PM -0700, Micah Lee wrote:
> One question I have is it looks like this new space isn't on the first
> floor. Is it handicap accessible? I've been to NB a couple times when
> people there were in wheelchairs, and it would suck to exclude them.

An excellent question, am adding answer to the wiki.

There is a freight elevator which goes from the street-level "lobby" to
the third floor.  I don't know if it will comply with the letter of the
law on ADA issues, but I do believe it will be practically useable to
enable weelchair users to access the third floor.

(The elevator is lacking "call" buttons, so you have to ride it down and
then back up if it's not already on the first floor.)

-andy