[Noisebridge-discuss] Build Team Progress

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Fri Jul 17 01:47:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 03:23:09PM -0700, Shannon Lee wrote:

> floors; so what do you think, Noisebridge?  Do we care about the floors?

The floors will get (ab)used anyways, doesn't seem like a good use of NB
funds for something that will quickly turn from pretty to dirty.

> Walls -- The walls team is basically in charge of demo-ing and building

Do we have plans to run electrical and/or ethernet wiring in said walls?

> Networking -- Matt is leading the charge to get the space networked.  Please
> talk to him if you're interested in helping.

In this realm, my basic plans are to get Comcast Business Class (yields
us static IP's, better support escalation, etc) provisioned under NB's
legal entity (it's under Jake's name currently).  Additionally I hope to
setup a wireless link to the city fiber network back to 200 Paul.  The
rough plan is to get a few rack units within this colo to support this
net connection.  Eventually we'll migrate our wiki, mailman, etc
services to this NB-contracted space too.

On the LAN side, likely a few ethernet drops and atleast two WiFi AP's.
This will rock the multi-SSID setup that has been requested.

The only input I've heard so far is having two seperate wired networks.
Something like the concept 'blue' and 'red' - 'known working good' and
'scary bits be here'.  Totally him to other suggestions?

--Matt