[Noisebridge-discuss] Another try at a Ruby group...

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sun Jul 26 07:04:41 UTC 2009

I'd come and help teach (and hopefully get shit done on my own real
projects), though I'm not familiar with the libraries necessary for
netcat. cat, wc, grep are pretty trivial.

FWIW: I'd suggest having student projects be something that they
actually want to use or make, rather than recreating a wheel. IME such
projects tend to be more interesting, and teach more relevant skills.

OTOH, these are pretty small wheels (if using idiomatic ruby and not
deliberately self-handicapping), so perhaps that's moot.

How much general coding knowledge (if any) are we to assume? Is this
also to teach/learn Rails, or just Ruby proper?

I've got several Ruby/Rails related books (and a lot more in PDF form)
that I could share.

- Sai