[Noisebridge-discuss] Another try at a Ruby group...

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 27 03:52:22 UTC 2009

I have a bunch of files of binary files that contain data I recorded from universal remote controls.  I'd like to digest this data, massage the data into a more useable format, and write the massaged data into text files.

In the past I would have done this in C++, since I know it well.  But Ruby seems like it would be a good way to get this project done much quicker and easier.  You think that's true?

Although I am way into this project of mine, and I really need to get this done soon, I've been putting it off because there are so many other things that I've been doing rather than this that don't require learning something totally new for me.  If there were a few people who could help me get started in a study group, that would help me a lot!  Fridays at 13:00 is fine for me.  Thanks, Jason!

Mitch.