[Noisebridge-discuss] ir (was: Another try at a Ruby group...)

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Mon Jul 27 04:43:31 UTC 2009

Sai Emrys <noisebridge at saizai.com> writes:

> http://github.com/fugalh/lircr/ (dependent on http://www.lirc.org/)
> seems like what you'll need. I don't know anything RC-related well
> enough to vet it, but could help you with anything that's Ruby
> specific.

lirc has pretty much all of the known 'signalling modes' (ive used it
for sircs/rc5/rc6/nec). it also has a pretty good db of actual codes
(pointing random remotes at it has a pretty good chance of finding one
it already knows how to deal w/).

\p

---
A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life
when he plants trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
		- D. Elton Trueblood