[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Site 2.0 specs and pricing

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Jun 5 20:01:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 11:45:07AM -0700, Daniel C. Silverstein wrote:
> How much space are we looking for at the next Noisebridge site, and
> how much do we want to spend (either per square foot or in toto)?  I

It's all a bit fungible, really.  Clearly we need more space; also we
can afford a bit more expense.  How much space do we need?  How much can
we afford to spend?

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Moving
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Moving/Desires

My off-the-cuff guess has been that we need at least 3500sf and that we
can afford at least $3000/mo in rent (plus utilities, insurance, etc
taking us to about $3700/mo burn rate).  Frankly I'd prefer to bump it
up a notch and aim for 4ksf with expansion possibilities, budgeting
$4k/mo for rent and $5k/mo burn rate, but that is a bit higher than our
cashflow right now.

> apologize if this has been stated somewhere already, but:
> https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Potential_Locations appears to be out of
> date; I think it refers to the specs/pricing for  our original space.
> Thanks.

We've (Christie, Shannon, and myself) added a few new items to that, but
it's probably a good idea to move the new stuff to Moving/Spaces.  If
somebody could do the wiki, that would be very helpful; I'm booked solid
for the next few days.

-andy