[Noisebridge-discuss] bouncy stilts (poweriser)

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 03:32:59 UTC 2009

Rachel and I saw a pair in use at Maker Faire, and we've both always wanted to try it, but been unwilling to spend $300+ to do it.

So, how about a noisebridge group order?  If we can get 6-10 people together, the price per person isn't so bad, and I'm sure it'll actually be more fun (and safer) to try it with a group of people.

http://www.thespinsterz.com/poweriser.htm

It seems there are three version, depending on the weight of the rider:

#1 * PR5070  (110 - 166 Pounds)
#2 * PR7090  (166 - 198 Pounds)
#3 * PR90120 (198 - 266 Pounds)

Other than weight, they are supposed to be quite adjustable (e.g. shoe size, height, etc are all non-issues).  Supposedly the only difference between the various models is the spring, so it's conceivable to me that we can just buy one, plus two more springs, and it'll work for everyone.

All are priced at $329 new.  We can discuss buying a used pair to save money.  But for now, let's just measure interest.  Send me a message if you are interested along with your weight class.  Please note that actual use will require considerable athletic ability - if you wouldn't use regular stilts, or enjoy yourself on a trampoline, these are not for you.

Also, if you've got a pair sitting in your garage, consider this an official Request For Quote :-)

Eric