[Noisebridge-discuss] Virtualization resources

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Tue Jun 2 20:34:11 UTC 2009

If some of the admins were to dedicate some time to setting up a
colocated virtualization box, who would use it?  I need to assemble a
requirements list for the project.

Please check boxes:

[ ] I don't have a reason to use such a thing.

[ ] I don't have any reason to use such a thing directly, but I sort
of want some new infrastructure like a shared ccache repository,
malware sandboxes, distcc slaves, etc.

[ ] I can think of a few reasons why I might use it, but nothing
immediate.

[ ] I have concrete and immediate needs which this would satisfy.
(Please elaborate.)

[ ] I AM POSITIVE I would use this!!!  I read on the myface blogotwits
that there's an app for it and my father's cousin's friend's hooker's
daughter's mother's former roommate said Oprah was giving away a free
car with every new vsphere license that one time.

[ ] I would need Linux VMs (xen, vmware, kvm, etc.)
[ ] I would need Linux containers (openvz, linux-vserver, etc.)
[ ] I would need BSD VMs.
[ ] I would need BSD jails.
[ ] I would need Windows VMs.
[ ] I would need a Darwin VM.
[ ] I would need a Solaris x86 VM.
[ ] I would need a Solaris x86 zone.
[ ] I would need something weird like DOS, OS/2, plan9, SCO, etc. (Please elaborate.)

[ ] I just want a shell on something faster than pony.

[ ] I have my own virt boxes and would like to make them available.

[ ] I have hardware which would make good virt boxes and would like to
make them available.

[ ] Your checklists make you a bad person and you should feel bad,
Dr. Jesus.