[Noisebridge-discuss] "If it's a good idea now, it will be a good idea later, too"

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Fri Jun 5 05:49:29 UTC 2009

"If it's a good idea now, it will be a good idea later, too."

Someone wiser than I said that to me once, as an explanation for why
she was waiting to act on a decision.

I mention this because it's a good guiding principle, especially when
"discussing" over email or IRC.  Personally, I always write a reply,
save a draft, and wait half an hour.  This gives me more time to think
about it in more depth, for better-spoken people to say what I was
trying to, and for me to realize, "Oh, hey, that sounds like it was
written by a second grader with a chip on his shoulder."

I'd like to encourage people to take up similar habits, and to keep
the list a "civil" place.  This list is one of noisebridge's more
visible public faces, so we want to keep it both genuine and positive.
Where the two contradict, spend a little more time deciding which is
better to present to the outside world, and if maybe you could have
the discussion "off-stage," so to speak.

Hack on,
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com