[Noisebridge-discuss] Ham Cram on the Peninsula: 6/20

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Sun Jun 7 20:02:15 UTC 2009

The Bay Area Educational Amateur Radio Society is holding a "ham cram"
in a couple of weeks.  This is a one-day session, where they give you
all the material that's going to be on the exam, guide you through
reading it, then give you the exam the same day.  They get an
incredible pass rate (90+%) using this technique, so it's pretty much
a guaranteed amateur radio license in a day.

It'll be down in Redwood Shores (at Oracle, kind of behind Jameco) on
Saturday, 6/20.  At 8AM.  Yes, 8 AM on a Saturday, reinforcing the
stereotype that hams need to get out more.  Your mass transit options
would be CalTrain to the Belmont station or the SamTrans KX bus (also
to the Belmont station).  From there, it's a reasonable walk out to
Oracle.  But, really, you want to drive, instead of being one of those
"pedestrians."

The cost is 30$, and you'll need to provide or get your own lunch.  I
kind of miss the taqueria at Industrial and Harbor, myself.  Don't go
to the Hobee's along the 101; it's really slow.

You can read all about it at http://baears.com/

I might be going; I'm trying to decide how I feel about leaving my
house at 7AM for anything short of the zombie apocalypese.  It would
be pretty awesome to finally go get my ham license.
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com