[Noisebridge-discuss] Zebra, the rebar (Reverse Engineering Bar) computer and monitor for public use

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Jun 19 01:30:23 UTC 2009

Hi there!

I've noticed on a number of nights that others are plugging in
keyboard+mice into the computer named Zebra, which drives the display
for the highly helpful Rebar stuff. I think that it's great others use
the display for other means when needed, such as to bring up information
on stuff people are soldering together, recipes they're using to cook, etc.

What I don't find excellent is when others hop onto the machine, change
some settings (such as desktop environment stuff) uses the browser for
their own needs, then doesn't bother to restore the machine to its
original configuration/settings and doesn't bring the browser back to
its homepage (the Rebar site hosted off of pony).

If you are to use the display, please leave it the way you found it. Thanks.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net