[Noisebridge-discuss] myvu glasses info

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Jun 21 10:13:27 UTC 2009

hey,

I ran into a few people at DNA Lounge tonight and showed them video
glasses. Since several people asked me about where I got them I thought
it might be of interest to the list.

The glasses are the Myvu Shades. They're a little odd for video glasses
in that they are designed to place the screen in the bottom part of your
field of vision. This means that you can easily look straight ahead or
up to see your normal view, but you can also look downwards to see
whatever's playing on the screen. This makes "quick look" applications
possible, where the screen gives additional information about what's
going on. On the other hand, these glasses are _not_ suitable for a
Charlie Stross style vision passthrough.

They provide a 2D QVGA (320x240) display, and they take iPod video input
or RCA video input. You can find more info here, they're currently going
for $99.95:
http://www.myvu.com/Myvyu-Shades-C25.aspx

If other people would use them, I'd be happy to donate a pair to
noisebridge. If you want to see them just let me know and I can bring
them over.

David Molnar