[Noisebridge-discuss] HD Video - Non-Mobile but through Computer

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Sun Jun 21 22:08:36 UTC 2009

I want to be able to record HD video locally onto my machine. 720p at
least. I don't need a portable camcorder, etc. as this is purely for
stationary events (lectures, interviews, etc) to be transcoded and
perhaps uploaded online.

Does anyone have any hardware recommendations for the camera end? I'm
using a current gen Macbook Pro, so I would prefer something OS X
friendly (or friendly enough). I do have a Firewire 800 port, along
with USB 2.

I can do some recording with my Lumix LX-3 in HD as a portable device
but I know of no way to get video signal from it through its various
USB outputs to my machine in real-time.

Al