[Noisebridge-discuss] Teaching opportunities at Bay Area summer science camps

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 18:23:46 UTC 2009

In case any of you did not see this on the dorkbot list:

 From a friend who is the director of one of the Camp Galileo sites:

Camp Galileo and Galileo Summer Quest are looking for instructors!  They
are both fun summer day camps around the Bay Area for entering K-5th
graders or 5-8th graders, respectively.  They focus on Science, Art, and
Outdoors with an emphasis on creativity and teamwork.  The programs run
for different amounts of time between about 6/15 - 8/07 this summer.
Here's the website, take a look:

www.galileo-learning.com <http://www.galileo-learning.com>

Positions available include:

*Science instructor for K, 1-2, or 3-5th graders (Peninsula and other areas)

*Fashion Design Lead Instructor (in Oakland)

*Video Game Design Lead Instructor (in Oakland)

*Go-Kart Makers Lead Instructor (in San Mateo)

*Jewelry Making Minor Instructor (in San Mateo)

*Crew Leader (Facilitates team challenges, games) (in Palo Alto)

Specifically for Video Game Design and Go-Kart Makers, two positions
which often intimidate applicants, candidates do NOT need to have
previous experience in these subjects!  If they do, awesome.  If they
happen to be handy-dandy or computer-savvy, great.  If not, it’s okay
too.  If they’re good with kids and excited to learn the curriculum
(and/or software) in the next few weeks, we’re set to go.

Here's the application page.

If you have any questions you can email me (I'll be the Camp Director
for the Belmont location of Camp Galileo).  tamar at galileo-learning.com
<mailto:tamar at galileo-learning.com>

Have a rockin day,