[Noisebridge-discuss] Teaching opportunities at Bay Area summer science camps

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 18:23:46 UTC 2009

In case any of you did not see this on the dorkbot list:

 From a friend who is the director of one of the Camp Galileo sites:

Camp Galileo and Galileo Summer Quest are looking for instructors!  They
are both fun summer day camps around the Bay Area for entering K-5th
graders or 5-8th graders, respectively.  They focus on Science, Art, and
Outdoors with an emphasis on creativity and teamwork.  The programs run
for different amounts of time between about 6/15 - 8/07 this summer.
Here's the website, take a look:

www.galileo-learning.com <http://www.galileo-learning.com>

Positions available include:

*Science instructor for K, 1-2, or 3-5th graders (Peninsula and other areas)

*Fashion Design Lead Instructor (in Oakland)

*Video Game Design Lead Instructor (in Oakland)

*Go-Kart Makers Lead Instructor (in San Mateo)

*Jewelry Making Minor Instructor (in San Mateo)

*Crew Leader (Facilitates team challenges, games) (in Palo Alto)

Specifically for Video Game Design and Go-Kart Makers, two positions
which often intimidate applicants, candidates do NOT need to have
previous experience in these subjects!  If they do, awesome.  If they
happen to be handy-dandy or computer-savvy, great.  If not, it’s okay
too.  If they’re good with kids and excited to learn the curriculum
(and/or software) in the next few weeks, we’re set to go.

Here's the application page.

http://www.galileo-learning.com/apply/summerapp.html

If you have any questions you can email me (I'll be the Camp Director
for the Belmont location of Camp Galileo).  tamar at galileo-learning.com
<mailto:tamar at galileo-learning.com>

Have a rockin day,

Tamar