[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Noisebridge-discuss Digest, Vol 20, Issue 29

Maria "Meryl" Pacana maria.pacana at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:32:54 UTC 2009

Hey there! I've been participating in PyClass on Mondays. I have fond
memories of Scheme from undergrad, and would love to be part of the study
group whenever it starts up!

------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 17:23:50 -0700
From: Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com>
Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] HaSchool winding down.
To: Noisebridge Discuss <noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net>,
       haschool at lists.noisebridge.net

 After talking with HaSchoolers, I feel that guided, "sage on
 the stage" style HaSchool has served its purpose. Some of you
 have gotten really into writing Haskell programs -- I'd
 particularly like to tip my hat to David Stainton, who wrote
 `grep` in Haskell with full UTF-8 support and then went on to
 write netcat...

 I will continue to chill out at Noisebridge on Tuesdays at
 18:00 and help people with Haskell but that slot is free for
 classes that want it. HaSchool will become a study group.
 Should another class desire that slot, I'll be accommodating.

 Our class on Tuesday this week will be a winding down -- we'll
 talk about where different folks want to go with functional
 programming, programming language theory and Haskell. Jonathan
 Moore, for example, has suggested a programming language
 implementation group; he'd like to do a self-hosting Scheme
 and I would join the group and try to talk Leif and David to
 join and help me with a self-hosting Haskell...

--
Jason Dusek