[Noisebridge-discuss] bouncy stilts (poweriser)

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Tue Jun 2 09:09:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 01:55:48AM -0400, Star Simpson wrote:
> I just dumpsterdived the wilderness exchange in berkeley, and they had 4-6
> pairs of skis sitting outside again.  A friend (Jake, he's been around
> noisebridge) has considered laminating ski-parts to make the right
> material for bouncy legs. Sharing a thought/possible starting point.

Most power stilt vendors still in business only sell carbon fiber
reinforced polymer based springs and not fiberglass springs now.  I
don't know for sure, but I suspect this is because the failure
characteristics of the fiberglass springs may create an increased risk
of personal injury or death.

See also my other post about how easy it is to kill or maim yourself
using these things.