[Noisebridge-discuss] adult themed posters in a do-acracy

njc4523 njc4523 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 01:37:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> I'm just curious. I don't see any disrespectfulness in my questions to you.
> Could you please outline how you saw that? Thanks.
>
> Anyhow, I have another more important question for you very much related to
> this discussion. Do you feel that someone removing content from a space
> because it isn't something they want to see could or couldn't be labeled as
> a form of censorship?

Kind of late responding -- been at work.  I'll keep it brief since I'm
hoping this thread will die for the benefit of all.

1.)  I don't think you were being disrespectful.  I meant "respect my
opinion" in the sense of acknowledging it as legitimate, though not
necessarily an opinion you share.  Upon re-reading your first response
though, I can see that I may have jumped the gun.  My apologies!
2.)  I wouldn't say it's censorship, but certainly the crux of the
issue is whose rights and preferences are to be honored, and whose
aren't.  I don't see a win-win outcome, unfortunately.