[Noisebridge-discuss] Draft IRS response on wiki

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 3 19:05:25 UTC 2009

Josh Myer wrote:

> Just to clarify what I've observed: the letters don't correspond to
> anything in particular, right?  They're just bullet points?  I
> couldn't tell without looking at the PDF if (a) was "How does this
> fulfill noisebridge's stated mission," (b) was "Does it involve
> naughty, naughty posters ooh-hoo-hoo," etc.

Sorry for not being clear. The letters do in fact correspond to subparts
of question 2. Here are the question subparts for your enjoyment:

2.a What does the activity entail? Include any program materials or
distributions you make to the general public to further your exempt
purposes.
2.b Who conducts the activity? Indicate the qualification, position
descriptions, and duties for any parties involved.
2.c Where is the activity conducted?
2.d When is the activity conducted?
2.e Does the activity have any personal interest to any organizational
members? If so, please explain.
2.f How significant is the activity in relation to your total activities?
2.g Who may participate in the activity?
2.h How do you decide who will be participating in your activities or
services.
2.i Is there a fee for participation in the activity? If so, please
provide a fee schedule.
2.j Please explain if individuals receive personal commission or other
financial incentives for running your activities. If so, please explain.
2.k Is the activity free and readily accessible to the general public?
If so, please explain. Outside of word of mouth, how does your
organization advertise its services to the general public?
2.l How does the activity further your chartitable or religious purposes?
2.m What percentage of your total funds is dedicated to this ativity?
(Total must equal 100%)
2.n Do you work with any other individuals or organizations? If so,
please explain all relationships to members of your organization and any
resources exchanged.
2.o What percentage of your total time is dedicated to this activity?
(Total must equal 100%)