[Noisebridge-discuss] UPS cable

Geoff Schmidt geoff at geoffschmidt.com
Thu Jun 4 16:49:19 UTC 2009

I once knew a guy who had a machine with a large uptime that was
connected to an electrical outlet that was going away. He desired to
move it to another place without losing the uptime. Unfortunately no
UPS was in the picture: it was plugged into a power strip that was
plugged into the wall.

So after, we might innocently postulate, a careful investigation of
the building's wiring, he fashioned a double-headed extension cord,
and plugged one end into an empty socket on the power strip, and the
other end into an outlet on the other side of the room. He was then
free to unplug the power strip from the problematic outlet.