[Noisebridge-discuss] oscilloscope etc. over abundance

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 22:26:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

> > Otherwise, this sort of organization could become just a huge tax dodge.
>
> Yes, in the worst case there are tax implications, but I'm more worried
> about our moral obligations to each other and our community.
>
> -andy

Yes, that's my first response too.  I don't want to demean any of the
purposes any of the three folks here who offered to take them off our hands
might put them to. But just giving them away to anyone who wants one seems a
disrespect of the donors who thought they were giving them to us for
community benefit and is troublesome.

However, moral value is personal and can be argued at great length and legal
requirements not so much.

Christie

---
"I want us all to think about new and creative ways to engage young people
in science and engineering, whether it's science festivals, robotics
competitions, fairs that encourage young people to create and build and
invent -- to be makers of things, not just consumers of things."

- President Obama in address to National Academy of Sciences April 27, 2009