[Noisebridge-discuss] Advanced python classes

munkeyfreenix batcat munkeyfreenix.batcat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 00:26:43 UTC 2009

hi all,

so here is my shoddy offering to the advanced python class:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/py-noisebridge/
It definitely is not finished, but there is a bunch already to chew on. it
requires wxPython. I threw it together yesterday after porting my python
project over to IronPython and .net (ugh), and I put it up on sourceforge in
hopes someone else wants to jump on it. i've gotta get ready to catcha plane
and will be skyping into class tomorrow.

its an attempt at a distributed python shell. the client;/server socket part
needs work, and so does the embedded interpreter. spent some time playing
with os.popen2, and its replacement subprocess.Popen. both are really cool,
just wanting to do something tricky, which was read in and out of another
python interperter spawned by the program. but then i learned about hte code
module, which is really cool.

anyway, its kinda childs play, but maybe 3-4 hours total. let me know if you
have any problems installing. i packaged with distutils, so just run python
setup.py install