[Noisebridge-discuss] Distributed computing and storage (with some major caveats)

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 23:25:22 UTC 2009

  I'd like to see the emergence of a distributed systems
  discussion group at Noisebridge.

  The blog "Paper Trail" does a good job of reviewing
  distributed systems -- for example, the author spent a fair
  amount of time discussing consensus protocols -- as well as
  touching on foundational results.

  I've put a fair amount of time and energy into ironing out a
  consistent logging protocol (consensus in another guise) and
  figuring out how to shard it. I need to do a writeup on how
  recovery and membership changes work; then I'm done.

--
Jason Dusek

 |..."Paper Trail"...|
  http://hnr.dnsalias.net/wordpress/