[Noisebridge-discuss] Please turn off the stove./SNMP, IPv6

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Jun 24 22:24:07 UTC 2009

Encapsulated within <91522aa30906241510m2f380b01y1bca63abc9783841 at mail.gmail.com> on Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 03:10:39PM -0700, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Please turn off the stove./SNMP, IPv6
> From: Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com>
> To: Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com>
>
> The answer for the valves on the stove is obviously servos.  However, in the
> interest of safety, we should have a (thermal?) sensor with an automatic
> cutoff if the pilot goes out.

Forgive me lack of memory here -- is the stove gas? I thought it might
have been electric with knobs on the front for variable heat.
Servos would make sense, although I wouldn't want to build something
that gets in the way of "normal" use of the stove.

Are we allowed to modify the stove insides? I believe it was at 83c when
noisebridge moved in. Perhaps we're bound to leaving the as we found it.

--j