[Noisebridge-discuss] mercury on the table?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 00:09:40 UTC 2009

This is indeed true, but what was found was significantly more than a tiny
bead, which suggests that something like an old thermostat or tilt switch as
Jonathan mentions.  The neon sign in question was an old Budweiser (probably
conventional neon with no mercury) sign found in the alley with every tube
broken before it even entered the space.

This is a very poor answer for why we had puddles of mercury on our table.
As a highly toxic substance, it's not the sort of thing that's floating
around in random electrical or electronic components.  It's important that
anyone handling anything with any amount of mercury be cognizant of the
hazards they pose to us all and follow acceptable handling protocols, which
we don't have the equipment to do at Noisebridge (yet!).

Christie

---
Knowledge will bind you but ultimately set you free.