[Noisebridge-discuss] mercury on the table?

Curly Wurly curlywurly22987 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 16:48:12 UTC 2009

I think it's important to keep talking about this, and at the very
least identify the source of the mercury.  To not do this is grossly
irresponsible.  It would be excellent if those who were hacking on the
neon sign could become experts in those devices and report to the list
about how this could have happened.  I personally don't see how a
large quantity could have come from a neon sign, but I'm no expert.
Since someone put all of us at risk, the onus is upon them to
thoroughly research this.

Thankfully Ani noticed the spill before the situation got worse.
Imagine if 5mL of mercury spilled on the floor and we all tracked it
all over the place.  Not good at all.