[Noisebridge-discuss] Agenda item for Tuesday: are we up to code?

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Sun Jun 28 17:05:10 UTC 2009

Sai Emrys <noisebridge at saizai.com> writes:

> I'd like to propose an agenda item for next meeting (which I'll be at).
>
> Namely: are we up to code?

not a lawyer, but had to deal w/ code-type people recently w/ our house.

 - the cops don't care about code.

 - fire cares for electrical/chemical hazards but doesn't do any/routine
   inspections for non-business things (this was a little vague when
   talking to inspector/planning people).

 - the planning/building departments care at
   permit/planning/building/etc time, but don't retroactively check
   things unless your new modification is to some non-code modification
   (ie, bits can get grandfather-ed in at teh inspector's discretion).

\p
---
Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down -- That's not my
department. - Werner von Braun